.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Appropo...................

I don't really have time to invest in a truly complete and coherent entry.....but I thought it appropriate to take the time at least to offer Thanksgiving wishes to all who happen here.
(I also think it's appropriate that an animal possessed of no more capacity for expressing itself than to run around saying "gobble, gobble, gobble", that has been commercially bred to such a preponderance of breast that it can no longer walk and whose most distinctive feature is an ugly head should be fated to be decapitated and gobbled to the point of gluttony by a grateful nation.)
This will be the first Thanksgiving in nearly 30 years that I have no cooking to do whatsoever...........show up and eat.
There are other transistions inherent in the toll that this year has taken on my family that are more impactful or profound...........things that will manifest themselves in small and large ways as yet unforseeable. Yet, to me, this is the one that is the most difficult to focus on........to incorporate into my grasp of "inescapable is-ness". Perhaps because of what it symbolizes for me.
I know how cryptic all this must sound...........but that is how it still looks to me............cryptic, undefined, ambiguous.
(In a totally unrelated aside; upon reflection, the whole concept of "ambiguous knowledge" has got to be one of the stupidest loads of psuedo-intellectual horse shit I've ever encountered.)
Men and women my age have solid futures laid upon their past (for good or for ill).
My future is loosely woven in varying degrees of probability and speculation.......with but a few cords left to cut, I will be unmoored for the first time since I was a very young man and the world was new.
You wouldn't think one could ever forget how brassy the taste of adrenaline.........or how terrific (the root of which excellant and mostly mis-spoken word is terror) the factors that call it into prominence in the chemistry of our lives. I don't believe I would be too far out of line to suggest that all other intoxicants serve as either a desperate attempt to suppress the memory of it altogether or to call forth in some controlled way a feeble emulation of it.

At any rate..........Happy Thanksgiving.

At its worst........life is good.

Thus endeth the entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama