.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Patience, Chaotic One, Pizzas and cats................

I swore when I started this thing that I wouldn't get into exchanges with commenters.

However, these are not anonymous detractors, but people I care about..........so in the face of that reality I must reply.

My last entry was not intended to be a "this-was-a-week-that-was" chonicle-ization (is there such a word?), but rather an intoxicated, impromptu, wee-hours-of-the- morning diatribe...........

meant to be more of a fill in while I worked on my updates than anything else.

Meanwhile, I have the three promised updates to the Log, and two of the updates to "Cooking" in partial stages of completion in draft form.

For those unfamiliar with this blog host, the posting of pictures through "Hello", is a relatively simple, point-and-click process on a one picture at a time basis...........but a tedious affair when trying to incorporate a number of pictures into a single entry that involves about 4 separate processes per picture..........one fucking picture at a time.

As I said, there is a bend in the mental river that had me seeing a connection between Rome's invasion of Britain, Woman's suffrage in America, Ellen Goodman's comments on same, and Snoop Dogg falling through his ass in Peoria .......and being amused by the fact that they all occurred on the same date.
Of course it may have just been a small, alcohol induced stroke.........I have been under a good deal of stress lately.

Getting half drunk more or less takes the leash off what ordinarily would pass for good judgement, discretion and (sometimes) tact.........in that I am no different than anyone else.......it also turns my fingers into the functional equivalent of Ball Park franks when it comes to typing, but that is irrelevant............however, it doesn't stop my brain from going about 90 miles a minute.

Keeping a blog was intended to be a "what the fuck?" outlet for stuff like that, as much as (if not more than) it was ever intended to share the significant events of my life with strangers..........in addition to which, I don't have to jump through a lot of hoops to post an entry like that............drink, sit down, type.......easy!

There are people who think liver tastes great, and people who don't like Godiva Belgian Dark Chocolate Ice Cream..........

Therefore, sans apologie ...............I like Digiornio's one hell of a lot better than Totino's, I don't like cats (but I've never tried a nice, fat one deep fried)

And my sweetie pie's birthday entry is being feverishly pegged away at.......both of them, along with the concert entry.

but, yes...........exactly one year ago Aug. 26th my second grandchild, Hallie Andromeda was born.........which, upon sober reflection, considering the implications of the point I think I was trying to make.........is way fucking relevant!


new-born Hallie and Grandpa

Patience, Grasshopper.................patience.........

Thus endeth the entry.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama