.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

To know oneself is to be wise indeed..........

I was recently playing in the sandbox with my grand-daughter......

cheyenne Posted by Hello

She was shoveling sand into a plastic sifter that I was holding over a bucket.
There were hundreds of tiny pieces of gravel left in the sifter after the sand had run through and at one point I was absent-mindedly looking through them for the tiny fossils that we, as kids, used to call "Indian Beads".

She put up with this for about two heartbeats. The ensuing dialogue went something like this:

Cheyenne: "Dump it in the bucket, Papa."
Me: "I'm looking for fossils, Sweety, hang on a second."
Cheyenne: "What's a fossil, Papa?"
Me: Well, it's a piece of a plant or animal that died a long, long, long time ago and turned into a rock. We used to call the ones that came from plants "Indian beads"."
Cheyenne: "Welll, dump them in the bucket Papa!"(clearly exasperated by the delay by now)
Me: "You're a big girl now, Sweety, you need to be start being a little more patient."

Cheyenne: (with her hand on her hip)......"But, Papa, I'm just a little kid, I don't know HOW to be patient!"

How silly of me.

Thus endeth the entry.........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheyenne is just gorgeous! You must be one proud Papa.

~Em~

1:22 AM  
Blogger captn said...

I am indeed Emmy darlin............I am indeed. Proud to bursting, humbled to tears. What a wonderful world this is.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama