.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Friday, May 12, 2006

Stay tuned for these announcements.........

The temperature in the Bahamas is currently the mid to high 80's under partly cloudy skies. There is a chance of scattered thunderstorm activity.

Which means there is a possibility that Casey and Diane, my son and my daughter-in-law, might have to forego the beach for a time this afternoon or evening and retire to their room. Not the worst turn of events for a newly wed couple on their honeymoon I would venture to opine.

You did read that correctly..........on Tuesday Casey and Diane were married.

Casey is one of the most solid and ingenuous people I know. He's the guy you want at your back, the true friend. My children are not perfect, but they are good folk. In that legacy, my crimes, if not pardoned, are at least somewhat mitigated.

Diane has a day brightening smile and a sunny disposition. She has strength and character and speaks her mind. One of the first occasions I had the opportunity to be around her was at a holiday gathering of the clan that included ten or eleven adults and an assortment of mini-screamers. I had turned a ten pound bag of spuds into mashed potatoes. She took a look at the bowl and said (with a twinkle in her eye): "You didn't make enough mashed potatoes." I knew in an instant that here was a woman with the appetites and joy of life to match my son's.........and in that instant I knew that I would love her like my own. Time hasn't shaken that insight one whit.
I hope she understands how sincerely I welcome her.
I hope they both know how happy I am for them as I write this.

Congratulations to you both.

A long and prosperous and happy life together is not this father's wish for you...

It is my constant fervent prayer.

Thus endeth the entry..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama