.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Monday, December 25, 2006

Ho, Ho,..............etc..

I was browsing through the selections at the local video store the other night in preparation for yet another exciting Friday evening in the basement. There was a couple there with a small boy. He was probably around 2 years old, cute as a button, into everything, and running off at the head like a physic woodpecker.
At one point, I heard him say; (in that sotto voce that passes as a whisper for the very young and can be heard a city block away) "Hey Daddy, is that guy Santa Claus?"
We were the only customers in the store at the time, so I knew he was referring to me, and I answered him; "No, Kiddo, I'm his younger brother Cecil Claus. People get us mixed up all the time" The little guy's eyes got real big and his Dad was grinning, so i added; "You know, I was talking to my brother just last night and he told me that you had been a really good boy this year."
I smiled, wished them both a Merry Christmas and left the store.
So I leave it to you.................be honest now, do I look like Santa Claus to you?
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Thus endeth the entry

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I just remembered I tried to comment on this before, but it wouldn't go through) I don't think you look like St. Nick, but I can see how a tot might think so. Your hair is getting so long!

8:01 PM  
Blogger captn said...

I haven't decided yet, Darlin', but I might cut it in March or April.............I'm thinking of making a sweater out of it.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently registered with the Friends of Laphroaig website with my private bottle number to share among the other whisky lovers of the world the fact that I now own a bottle if Islay Islands sacred nectar. As most out there arent whisky lovers Ill spare the descriptions of the bottle itself, but will tell more about how the bottle itself is only half the experience. 1st. you dont open the bottle to taste with anyone other than a true whiskey snob..for otherwise its a waste of epic scale. 2nd. The online society, the Laphroaig marketing strategy of giving a 1 sq ft polt of their land to every bottle owner that brings you into a fold. Yes that fold reeks of wonderful peats and a smokey essence =). Ill try to post an imgae of the arial photograph says my particular piece if Islay is (if that doesnt work Ill send it via email ).

Thanks again Video Store Santa
Travis

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Mimphis/plotimg136.jpg

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama