.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Beer glass confessions.................

I've been up since 7:00am monday morning. The ogre that has taken up residence in my back denied me rest last night. To my credit, I used most of that time learning a bit about HTML, rearranging this web site, and thinking about what I want to include on it and how I want to organize it.

I ducked off to Grecian Gardens, (heretofore referred to as "The Greeks") for a bit of reading and a bowl of gumbo, at about 2:00 pm. At about 3:30pm I stopped in to schmooze Yanni, the lovely lady of mediteranean descent who reads and presides over the tobacco shop.

At 4:07 pm I was esconced upon the bar stool I was to occupy for several hours thereafter at Tomcats. Alas, the art deco girl has moved on to bigger and better things, but Lisa is comforting. constant, and smiling, and more than a mere substitute. Oh, to be 35 again (he says, with that dervish mix of chagrin and leer).

A bit over 100 pages of Harry Potter, a thousand glasses of ice cold Fosters and several hours later.............having held forth with Mike and Moe and an assortment of hapless souls, I started to hop my way from bar to bar back home.

At Newt's, downtown, I happened upon the lady I would like to write about. I am far too drunk to articulate what I have wanted to say about her for nearly ten years. This is not the entry that I want to write. The things I want to say about her are concentrated within my brain like the purest and most perfect crystal, but I am far too drunk to even attempt to translate that diamond essence into words. That will have to wait until rest and sobriety have given me back some small capacity.

I told her the truth tonight, but she didn't believe me. How many of you ladies have feared the truth to be a lie, and embraced a lie as the breath of god.

Thus endeth the entry.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama