.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Lipstick...............

The following is one of those occasional, unavoidably cryptic entries. Most won't catch the reference, a lucky handful might, one certainly will.

I found this in my meanderings yesterday afternoon and it made me laugh out loud..........and gave me a little "warm fuzzy" at the same time.

It fits so aptly as an illustration to a short story I read once........a very good one as a matter of fact.

It was well written, witty, funny.........all those good things. It wasn't very long, more of an anecdote or a vignette than a short story, I suppose.......but those few, well chosen words spoke volumes. It had power packed into its small frame.....and the more you thought about it, the larger and more ironically amusing it grew.

It was a wonderful story..........and it deserves a better fate than to be tucked away to languish.

I'll never forget it..........I wish I'd made a hard copy when I had the chance.

Thus endeth the entry............

1 Comments:

Blogger angrygrrface said...

WOW MONTY PYTHON ROCKS!

Awesome.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama