.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Monday, March 08, 2010

Anticipation

I just wanted to enter a short post tonight to say that everything is going swimmingly.

Gary and his wife Camille are amazing hosts, and the guest house they put me up in is mind boggling.

Gary and I did a tour of Pickens county today, stopped for some truly competitive ribs, took his Jeep into places I'd seriously be afraid to take a pack mule, and got a flat tire.

We wrestled with it 'til it was did...............though we had the wrong tools...........but we got 'er done.

For a moment, as we struggled with the tire and worked out how to cope with jacking the jeep with a too short jack, on a hillside no less, we stopped being a couple of 60 year old men overexerting ourselves.
We were once again 20 year old jarheads dealing with a situation that had interfered with crazy ass fun. It's so good to see Gary again after all these years.

In short I couldn't ask for a better start to my through hike. Today's exertions made me feel much more confident in my ability to do this.

I will write more tomorrow.............................and I have pics.

Thus endeth the entry..................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama