.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Iceman Cometh...............

So.................where I was?

The ghost of Christmas has passed and Lang has gotten Auld and Syned.................

My daughter's computer caught some sort of Cyber-siphylus and had to have brain surgery leaving two computer junkies bereft for a couple of weeks...................

I didn't have a ton to say anyway, but it would have been nice to send a couple of seasonal emails.

The house still hasn't sold, which puts all my plans in limbo .................further deponent sayeth not. (remember the whine factor).

One bright note is that pictures I had taken of my last "gear-testing-and-just-how-bad-does-it-have-to-get-before-I-have-to-rethink-my whole-plan" hike didn't disappear into the ether.




This was taken on the 15th of December during the only event that could seriously be labeled a snow storm we've had so far.

Another occasion to test a sleep system at extreme temps fell apart for want of two sturdy attachment points for my hammock in or around my daughter's yard. Hopefully it will get down below zero again for a couple of nights before the winter is out.

That about does it for now.........................I meet with a realtor Tuesday. So you've got until then to buy a nice house real cheap.

Thus endeth the entry....................

3 Comments:

Blogger angrygrrface said...

I get that the shoes are light, but won't your toes freeeeeze?

12:08 PM  
Blogger captn said...

Nah............if you keep your legs and torso warm your feet don't get that cold. Your hands are way more likely to get dangerously cold given the same conditions........even with gloves on.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while. What's new?

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama