.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Monday, August 20, 2007

Milestones........................

Last Wednesday was my daughter's birthday.........

My little Pookie is 25 years old....................a quarter of a century *gasp*.

Travis cooked a turkey, mashed potatoes and put together a salad that was almost too pretty to eat...................

I dug out some of my frozen cranberry stash and made cranberry salad ala Boze, whupped up a punkin pie and did the gravy.
I will qualify by saying that Cheyenne did nearly all of the "scut" work on the salad and pie whilst I supervised.
Upshot............we had a great time.............................but with two digital cameras in the house (mine met it's demise in the great Southern Indiana car fire in April) do you think anyone thought to get pictures of the event?
Nooooooooooo.
*glum*

I went out for beers with my brother George yesterday...................it was fun.
Pretty bartender, nice view of the river, cold beer.........all capped off with a nice long road trip down very stoney roads. *grin*
At one point (and I will give him credit because it was only one) he fired up a cigarette at the bar.
If, at that point, if he had offered me a cigarette at the same time the bartender offered me a blow job..........I'm pretty sure I'd have asked her to wait until I finished a cigarette.
..........but he didn't (and she didn't) so it's been over a fucking month now.

OOOHHH.......I almost forgot about the ice cream cake from Dairy Queen(see birthaday stuff above)...............................deelarimus.

Thus endeth the entry...............................

3 Comments:

Blogger angrygrrface said...

I'm proud of you for not smoking :) sucks that you didn't get any pictures. At least there's pictures on the side of your blog for me to look at lol.

5:00 PM  
Blogger captn said...

If you want to know the truth...........I'm proud of me too. That is, when I'm not feeling like a total ass for ever smoking at all let alone smoking for as many years as I did.
I'm glad you appreciate the pics.....*grins*

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I went to click on a google ad and earn you a few pennies but they're gone! Que paso?

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama