.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Monday, June 28, 2004

Dreams............

I had a dream yesterday morning. I saw as beautiful a woman as I have ever seen. She was dressed to arouse the passion of the most lifeless creature............but I couldn't respond to that.
It had been so long since I'd had this dream that I didn't want to define it by what boiled in me. I wanted to waft on something ethereal. I saw it as a fragile thing, easily lost...........as something existing just on the razor edge of wakefulness.
I breathed, and drank, and tasted, and basked. It was a fine dream..........so fine that I honestly believed it to be real. So real and so fine that at one point I could see myself on my knees as earnestly thanking my creator as I have ever done.

I don't know what happened. It happened in some small moment.
I was awake...........in a worse place than I was before the dream, bereft of the hope that had sustained me, feeling as though some cruel joke had been played on me. Bewildered.........

Thus endeth the entry...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama