.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

In a cloud of dust, with a hearty "Hi Ho, Silver"..............

I spent most of this gloomy, drizzling, afternoon adding new links and rearranging some old ones, jotting down ideas, and weeding through, uploading and organizing pictures.

This, after a weekend spent fighting with my computer about whether it will, or will not, download a program that I want it to download.........much depends on this war between man and machine. I refuse to be intimidated by anything that was invented in a garage by two guys who had to pay their right hands to give them pleasure and is assembled in medieval, third world sweatshops by functionally illiterate 12 year old children who make $1.25 a month.

I've been rather stymied, not so much by a lack of creative inspiration, as I have by the absence of motivation.

As I changed out the quotes at the top of the page, it occurred to me that it would be a shame to see the old quotes resume their place in obscurity. I think I will create a "quote archive".

I added some new blogs, selected for reasons known only to me, and replaced names with titles for the sake of clarity. The blogs are placed in no particular order of rating or favor, but rather a loose, semi-accurate alphabetical arrangement. Some have a personal meaning, others struck my somewhat tongue in cheek sense of what is amusing, a few are obligatory...............and others are truly gems. The choice is yours.........read and enjoy, let them know from whence you came, and tell them what you think.

What moves a person, whether it be art, literature, poetry, music, or erotica, is truly individual and beyond judgement by another...........these are mine. They will, I'm sure, be expanded upon..........again, explore and enjoy.

Look for a veritable rush of entries this week, as I finish up projects neglected too long (inexcusably) and spew out the rants, reflections, observations and revelations that have collected on napkins and bits of debris, inspired by newspapers, feverish dreams interrupted by bouts of sleepless delirium, and the rootless pronouncements and mad ravings of others. Those who have loyally visited, day after disappointing day, might want to buy some popcorn and a fresh clip of digs.........and set aside some time later in the week.

Rumblings from the distant corners of my empire tell me that Gutz, the happy Gourmand, is feeling neglected and hungry...............those who have not (long since) given up on the moribund "Cooking with Gutz" will soon be rewarded for their patience. I will announce when it is time to head for the kitchen with a 12 pack, a sense of humor, and an appetite.

It was the lithe and lovely Laurie's sad duty tonight, to inform me that Taco Tuesday at TomCat's is no more (Isn't alliteration nice? Kinda reminds one of Poe's poetry, doesn't it?..... "Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"...").........which means that I have to scavenge the pantry and invent something for supper.

Ta, for now.........

Thus endeth the entry.........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good, you WILL be keeping your cooking blog alive. By now you likely know that I left a plea for more posts on 'Cooking with Gutz', liked the visuals, said flattering things about your looks, all the stuff to motivate and inspire. I look forward to more recipies and your stuff right here. And I will linketh thee to my o so modest blog.

Cheerio,
GraceD
Santa Cruz, CA
'I Am Dr. Laura's Worst Nightmare' http://gracedavis.typepad.com/

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama