.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Cooking With Gutz....................

My new blog Cooking With Gutz is now up and running.

I've posted a bullshit introductory first entry (it's bullshit, but you'll hurt my feelings if you don't read it *sniff*.......and then I'll have to post an entry about cooking and eating your cat.......with pictures!!).

I've got all my pictures organized and my rough draft completed, so it won't be long before we dive right into the good stuff............

As my first "real" entry will be a step by step explanation of how I cooked those ribs pictured in the Fourth of July entry.

So, check it out..............eventually I will post a little something for everyone. We'll cook for one and for two hundred.
Stock your pantry and equip your kitchen with tools that will last a lifetime.........(on a budget no less). Cook things you thought only your Mom could make taste right..........just lots of things.

Welcome to my kitchen...........

Thus endeth the entry............

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better turn on anonymous comment posting on your other blog, matey. I'm excited about all the cooking adventures to come! I've never tried to cook shrimp myself, but I've discovered that I do like coconut shrimp and shrimp alexander (the only two kinds I've tried so far) so who knows, I just might try my hand at it.

~Em~

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, with the combined influence of you, Sam, and Emily I might really bust out of my awkward teenage years at last...dress lessons from the girls, cooking lessons from you, uh.."life lessons" from Sam...it's almost scary to think about.

Anyhow, not often does an entry make me laugh, feel hungry, and feel underweight all in one sitting. Well done. No pun intended (somtimes I feel I need a rubber stamp that says that, or a disclaimer before everything I say).

*sigh* Why a Tofurkey? You can shape tofu to be anything, a tofu house, a tofu sofa, or a tofu relief of the Himalayas, so why a turkey? One answer: To pretend you're eating meat like a real person. While I can see dietary vegetarianism (not with my lifestyle of being strong and active, though) I think being so for ethical reasons is silly and useless (...like pacifism...). Yeah, good luck undomesticating all farm animals, who the heck would take care of them? If everyone stopped eating beef, farmers would off millions of cattle because they'd be too expensive to keep alive. Hrm...I've just recently read a passage in Zen and the Art about social practicality vs. self-righteousness, fitting. Not that you brought up that issue...well, directly. Yeesh, I'd better stop writing things tonight before I start seeing connections to everything and go insane.

-Rob

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama