.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I'm even starting to exasperate myself...............

Now that I've finally gotten myself fired up and motivated to make a dent in my pile of "back-posts" and breathe new life in Cooking with Gutz, it only stands to reason that small and pesky things would conspire to complicate the effort.

After two hours of fighting with a computer that has chosen today to be cranky, slow and uncooperative, I'm going to take my own oft-repeated advice and "Be Kind to Myself."

Perhaps it is just as disappointed and let down about yesterday as I am........

I can't help it, every election is like my very first. I finally went to bed around 4:30 this morning......by that time, it was just me and Larry and Wolf hanging around with "what-the-fuck" looks on our faces. I had covered two or three sheets of paper with arcane scribbles and figures and little wisps of smoke were issuing from my calculator....(I set it on a saucer before I retired so it wouldn't catch anything on fire.) I don't know how they are going to elect a President after I'm dead.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the election, the process and the implications.......with a swipe or two at the men who bequeathed us the electoral college.
I have a few choice words for the democrats, too

not to mention the damnfools who think there is some moral or intellectual superiority involved in "voting for the man and not the party".

........but for now, I'm going to hang it up and find something mindless to watch on T.V...............*GASP* (yes, it's that bad!)......I'd rather lose a wife or a girlfriend than an election. (Think about it.)

So any projection I may have made about the schedule of entries both here and in "Cooking with Gutz" is hereby and forthwith to be considered in a temporarily delayed status.

Tomorrow is another day.........

Ta.

Thus endeth the entry............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama