.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Friday, July 09, 2004

Wasted days and wasted nights...........

I've got a little time on my hands before I hit River City for karaoke, so I'll piddle around in here for a bit.

The newspaper yielded up an interesting tidbit a couple of days ago, quoting a health story from CNN.com. (If this interests you, check it out for the whole story)
It seems that regular doses of aspirin may reduce a woman's chances of developing the most common form of breast cancer (about 70% of cases). Women in the study who used aspirin at least four times a week for at least three months were almost 30% less likely to develop hormone-fueled breast cancer than women who used no aspirin. The indication is that aspirin works by interfering with estrogen production.
The link was strongest in women who took seven or more tablets per week and was greater in postmenopausal ladies than in younger women.
So, take care of those titties, ladies, they aren't just for feeding babies you know!
This has been a public service announcement from Kindly Ol' Uncle Cecil........

A few months ago, a young lady I was corresponding with made the mistake of telling me that my handwriting was pretty. This swelled up my head pretty good and led me on a search for a fountain pen. I had used one years ago, and I remembered that it lent itself well to a more decorative writing style.

So, I found a cheap plastic pen with a medium nib to practice with and decided that I liked it...........but, cheap pen that it was, it started to skip on me and made my letters look like something a second grader would turn out.

I did, however, rediscover the joys of writing with a fountain pen. I wrote letters just to be writing something..........hell, at one point I considered rewriting the complete works of Shakespeare...... or copying the old testament in long-hand and sending it to the Pope, or Pat Robertson, or Rush Limbaugh or someone else who thinks he's the voice of God on earth......OK, so I get a little carried away, passion is one of my charms!

The upshot of the story is, that I went on the internet and ordered a fountain pen from A.T. Cross Company to match a Cross ball-point that I have . When I came home from Tom Cats yesterday, the UPS guy had left it on the porch........

So, here is my new fountain pen alongside the matching ball-point...........


Isn't that pretty??

You do know what this means, don't you?

If you recieve a letter from me from time to time, expect another one in the next week or so.................I can't wait to try out my new pen.

I finally posted my rib entry in Cooking with Gutz, so if you've been anticipating that with baited breath, your long wait is over.

I run into the occasional quote that I think is worth sharing, so I'm going to get into the template and start putting one on the top of the page somewhere. I've also figured out a way to incorporate a proper "bio" into my growing blog-matrix. I'm not too big on the standard "profile" for a variety of reasons................mostly, I'm 54 years old, and my life is more than two fucking paragraphs long. It took me about 3 hours to write it out yesterday, and it is getting late, so I'll work on it tomorrow. (gotta keep you coming back!)
I also want to add a different comment system to my blogs..........if I haven't figured out how to do what I want in the next two weeks, I'll just break down and add Halo-scan.
Twenty-five years ago, I was out tracking down a pot dealer.........now I'm looking for someone who knows HTML...........life moves on. *sigh*

So that is enough for now, friends and neighbors.........keep those cards and letters coming.

P.S. I opened up the comments on Cooking with Gutz, Emmy..............

Thus endeth the entry..........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Cecil dear. And thanks a thousand times for the books... it was such a pleasant surpirse! They've been added to my mile-high stack of books to read and I'll get to them eventually. Dang Bible, slowing me down.

~Em~

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama