.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Happy Birthday Emily...........

Tomorrow.......that is to say Nov. 17........is Emily's 21st Birthday.

Emily writes the delightful Les Aventures de Fille Chaude.........

.......from the time I post this, until at least Midnight on the 17th, I would like everyone who reads this (whether friend or stranger) to navigate to Emily's site and leave a Happy Birthday note in her comments.

I've never actually met Emily nor have we ever actually spoken......and yet we have an ongoing correspondence and a mutual regard and esteem.


We were introduced nearly two years ago..........through a series of the sort of serendipities that seem to be grist for the internet mill.
For nearly a year now, we have exchanged the occasional e-mail and chatted in the wee hours of the morning from time to time on instant messenger.

She is quick and lively and fun,and witty and smart and pretty...........
She has an admirable integrity and character.....
She has, I believe, the determination and strength and courage to define herself on her own terms......and make of her life what she wants it to be.
Her life is full to bursting with the things that consume people of that age; school, work, boyfriends, family, self, good times and bad, doubts, worries and questions,
.....and sometimes make them wonder why people my age insist that "these are the best years of your life".

She has never been compeled by any obligation to include me in her thoughts.......I am not a part of her family, or culture, or social circle.........just an old guy who stumbled into her path more by accident than design.
Yet, she has been consistently kind and considerate........
From the time I began this online diary, she has been a faithful reader and a consistent and supportive commenter......
Though at times beset, to the point of being overwhelmed, by the troubles and difficulties that are bound to arise in any young life, she has sweetly concerned herself with the things that devil me.........

Aside from my children and grandchildren........she has been a rare "bright spot" during one of the most trying years of my life.

Along with my children and grandchildren, she helps me to believe that the "Sun will come out tomorrow"........complete with dimples and an orchestra.

She strengthens my faith.........

In short, she is a sweetheart who has shown me more kindness and consideration and thoughtfulness, and decency than mere courtesy requires..............
and I wish I could send her a pick-up truck load of fresh mountain flowers.

Instead, I'm going to ask the frequenters of my little corner of the blog-o-verse to help me wish her a Happy Birthday.........she deserves that and so much more.

So, please..........leave Emily a Happy Birthday.

*Bisses* sweety.........Happy Birthday!

Thus endeth the entry............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cecil, I am so flattered by this... thank you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me, and I'm not just saying that because I'm drunk (as it is my obligation to be on my 21st birthday). Thank you from the bottom of my butt (it's bigger than my heart).

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama