.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Sunday, November 14, 2004

A Little Reminder...........

I am stumbling about the warm comforts of my hovel after the usual, semi-productive, exercise in futility. Further, deponent sayeth not. Re-fortified with cheap analgesics, I am about to toddle back off to bed, what dreams may come, and the likelihood of losing yet another round in the nightly struggle for a few scraps of sleep.

Before I go, I'd like to remind regular readers (and irregular ones, for that matter) that I have been striving right mightily on Cooking With Gutz lo these many days.

I have now finished entries on: a rather unique turkey salad (that I am right proud of), monster apple pies that compare favorably with sex in terms of pure indulgence,(and are reason enough alone to kick yourself should you pass it up entire), and a simple, quick and tasty turkey dinner entry (in which I begin to unravel and expose arcane secrets of gravy making passed down to me by the ancients themselves).....and there is more already waiting in picture and outline form.

As when I first launched that effort, I've got a ton of ideas to feed it.......I believe I can sustain it at this point.

Insofar as my cooking blog has been dormant since late July, I feel I can honestly refer to these occasional announcements as "reminders" for at least a couple more weeks. After that, it would cross the line into undignified begging for readership.

I'm not really sure what compels people to whom I'm not related to read what I write .......but you must be getting some strange (and pleasurable) kick out of it or you wouldn't do it. If "Cooking........" didn't offer up another forum for the same kind of madness, I wouldn't bother you with it.

I have even moved the sidebar link to "Cooking....." from its bottom of the list obscurity, to a more obvious place adjacent and to the left of the most current entry. So, please, bear with me until I feel you've had the chance to get in the habit, once again, of checking there for a new entry when you visit here.

I promise to stop before I lose all semblance of manly integrity.

Macbeth doth go to murder sleep..........

Thus endeth the entry........

1 Comments:

Blogger angrygrrface said...

If I had a kitchen, I would totally cook this stuff.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama