.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Thursday, November 18, 2004

G. Q.........................

Throughout most of the year, I'm comfortably, and simply clad in jeans, colored t-shirt and a pair of Dexter Navigators.

In fall, however, when the weather gets crisp, I turn into a regular clothes horse.........adding a leather jacket, an Akubra fur-felt fedora, a pair of 6 inch Red-Wing hikers, the occasional pair of pleated front khakis (both light and dark tan), turtle neck shirts, henley style shirts, and a variety of long sleeved flannel shirts.

An on line acquaintance once asked me, by way of small talk, if I had a favorite shirt.

I replied that there were several shirts that I wore often and liked, but I wasn't sure if any one of them really qualified as a "favorite shirt".

That was right at a year ago and since then I've given thought to the question from time to time............(odd, how meaningless little things like that will just keep cropping up in your head, isn't it?)

Well, I've got it narrowed down to the four shirts that I like the best........




........but I still can't decide which one is my favorite.

Thus endeth the entry...........

5 Comments:

Blogger captn said...

If we couldn't open jars and didn't have peckers there'd be a bounty on us .......right?

1:27 PM  
Blogger angrygrrface said...

If I were you, I'd choose the second one from the left.

3:03 PM  
Blogger captn said...

*laughs*.........I think that was sarcasm darlin'.......no fair pickin' on the way I express my manly sense of self.
Now I'll have to go drink a shot of bad whiskey without makin' a face and a full flavored beer, arm wrestle someone half my age and hit on a twenty something to re-empower my validation.....(or is it re-validate my empowerment?.......I'll never get new-age babble-ology!)

1:02 PM  
Blogger captn said...

Bless your heart Dewdrop.........that at least spares me the bad whiskey..........

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you crack me up Cec!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama