.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Cobweb revelations in the wee hours........or Pop Goes the Weasel?

Another night of insane trudging from bed to sofa and back.
Cigarettes and aspirin.............
Tomblike silence broken only by the ticking of a digital clock that isn't there.

I have long since weaned myself of the internet escapism that,if it didn't create this whole bizarre struggle to re-establish a sane and productive sleep schedule, may have at least imprinted it onto my brain chemistry like the words on Moses' tablets.

If there are people in the world who are as desperate for sex as I am a single night's deep and unbroken sleep it rather explains the sodomizing of domesticated animals.

Thus endeth the entry..........




5 Comments:

Blogger angrygrrface said...

Leave that poor cat/dog/goldfish alone. Haven't you heard about the late Mittens and his last desperate act?

4:17 PM  
Blogger captn said...

*laughs* No, I confess that I haven't heard that one.....(but then Lemony Snickets is a new one on me).........however, considering that lovely, left handed sense of the absurd that I admire so much in you, I know I'd love to hear about it.

12:16 PM  
Blogger AWStiles said...

Wow, I just stumbled across your blog and I have to say it is a masterpiece, Cookin With Gutz is also outstanding. Keep it up!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Cec!
I wish you all the best luck for a few hours of sleep :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger captn said...

To: Tbone..............thanks for the props, (I love stuff like that). From what I've seen of your site, you are yourself deserving of equal if not higher praise and your comments to be highly prized.
Again...........thank you.
To: Anonymous.............thank you for your concern and well wishes. I am given some comfort in the words of the wise man who, when asked for something that would make one sad when one is glad and glad when one is sad, said; "This, too, shall pass."

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama