.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Monday, November 22, 2004

"Don't let it be forgot............."


It was about this time of night.

The sky was roiling with thick clouds, cast in a macabre light by the fading sun. It was the gloomiest November night I can recall.

A stinging mix of ice and rain, given force by a bitter wind, lashed my face and brought new tears to eyes already wet.

I trudged from house to house weighed down by the heaviest bag of papers I ever carried.

I laid bad news on doorstep after doorstep.

Banner headlines screamed:

"JFK SLAIN BY SNIPER IN DALLAS"


Forty-one years ago today, November 22, 1963.

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a spot,
For one brief, shining moment......
that was known as Camelot"


Thus endeth the entry............

2 Comments:

Blogger captn said...

Bless you, Grace, for remembering how personal it was........I was 13, he was my hero.

8:33 PM  
Blogger angrygrrface said...

I wasn't alive at that time, so I cannot feel empathy with those who were, but I can sympathyze with those who have lost a hero. I feel you.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama