.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Saturday, July 08, 2006

"List, list, O, list!"

After a brief respite through the month of March, I'm back to a sleeping pattern of short naps interrupted by aspirin snacks and cigarette breaks. I'm roused to some degree of wakefulness just short of a full cycle and driven, stumbling, from bed to walk off the worst of the discomfort and give the aspirin time to take the edge off the rest......smoking a cigarette and doing a quick tour of e-mails and blogs helps to occupy and ease me. After all of which, I can settle in for another chunk of sleep.
I don't dream much......I think that is the part of the cycle that gets cut short....but lately I've been roused to wakefulness (or something like it)by a dream bit.
Of the three I remember:

one was nightmarish........a Randall Flagg type of face appeared at the back door in the middle of the night.
He said:" This is what it means to piss off a killer."
Whereupon he shot me in the forehead.
I remember thinking, before I slipped into blackness: "......but I've got children."

One involved a couple of naked, Suzy Creamcheese types (I think they might have been sisters), an old house and oral sex.

....and one involved someone who may or may not be pleased or comfortable knowing that she is the subject of even an unconcious erotic imagery on my part (.....but she has great lips and the kissing was really nice).

In the case of the latter two, I was sorry to find myself awake.

I get up pretty early in the morning........Friday I was up and making coffee and rolling my first cigarette of the day at around 430am. I drafted a bit of a lengthy e-mail, drank coffee, and visited the pot garden to check the babies.

I spent a part of the afternoon with Cheyenne and then came home.

Last night was one of those ridiculous, Hobson's choice, merry-go-round situations wherein which...

if I tried to read, write or watch T.V. I started to slip into a semi-coma.

If I had succumbed, even briefly, to a nap I'd have been condemned later to an exhausted wakefulness until 3 or 4 in the morning........the end result of course being to further fuck any hope of restoring a reasonable pattern of sleep into a cocked hat.

In effect I spent last night fighting sleep until 1000pm, incapable of doing anything constructive to keep me awake, so that I could, maybe, get a little bit of sleep.

I usually find myself up and wandering around wrapped in a camo blanket about an hour after I first lay down........after that, it's normally some combination of the 12 o'clocks, 2 o'clocks and 4 o'clocks........skipping the odd hours for some reason.

Last nite I was up at 340 am.........so maybe I've just been assigned a split shift or something and just don't know it.

Like the ghost of Hamlet's father..........

"Doom'd for a certain term to walk the night."

I appreciate those who comment, e-mail or post late at night or in the middle of the night........it gives me something to look forward to.

Thus endeth the entry..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama