.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


The misadventures and musings of Cecil Boze, A.K.A CaptnGutz, on life, love, the universe and everything

"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for monks."..........R. A. Heinlein

"Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.".......Cicero


"You can't be wise and in love at the same time."......Bob Dylan

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
read my bio

COOKING WITH GUTZ
In the kitchen with the Captain

Since I Had My Last Cigarette

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A gift,.....

....by definition, may neither entail, in the giving, an obligation nor instill in the recipient a sense of obligation (aside from the customary courtesies).

Should it do either, it is no longer a gift. It becomes, in the former case, a business transaction; in the latter, a burden.

Thus endeth the entry.........

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How strange... in my half-asleep snooze-button marathon I dreamed that you posted a new entry, and now here it is! I must be psychic.

10:38 AM  
Blogger captn said...

Believe it or not, I had been having a bit of a dream wisp about you around 3 am. I was in Denver and we were going to meet and have dinner. I was being flirty and told you to be sure and wear a pretty pair of shoes. When you got there, you leaned over to show me your shoes and I caught the scent of your perfume.........that was what woke me up. I swear I could still "smell" that dream-scent as I woke up.....it smelled like sherbet.
*grins*

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have smells in your dreams? And here I thought I was special because I dream in color.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama